Host your own 'Sex to Save the World!' Discussion Group!
A wonderful way to earn a small income and to be part of a practical and proactive conversation about sex and society is to hold your own discussion groups!
We are so behind in most of the world that simply having discussions about sex is progress.
An EcoSex or World Sex Discussion Group is based on a simple premise; many intelligent people want to talk about sex in a comfortable setting. Especially 'big picture' issues in how sex affects society.
To talk about sexuality in an intellectual way allows people a safe way to communicate that is not too personal or vulnerable.
The opportunity to talk about sex in society in a manner that is respectful yet open is very rare in most cultures. As a result, people are willing to pay a small fee for that opportunity to make connections between the political and personal.
Benefits of Being a Discussion Group Host
You will make a tiny income. However, the benefits of being a Sex to Save the World Discussion Host are much more than monetary. Aside from stimulating open and practical discussions about sex and society, they can be very personal. For example, as a host, you can develop wonderful friendships with regular participants.
You may meet potential investors or partners for a potential EcoSex Entrepreneur project. You might find the sapiosexual love of your life. As long as Consent Culture guidelines are followed, adults meeting and talking intellectually about is a great way to socialize!
Create a Safe Container.
This is our Discussion Group Guidelines Speech which we recommend you customize for your own group.
A Polite Free Speech Discussion Group!
"In order to be able to think you have to risk being offensive."
Jordan B. Peterson - An Anecdote to Life
We live in a politically correct world that sometimes stifles honest conversation. And sex is one of the most politically incorrect subjects there is! Any open discussion about sex and society will often bring up issues of race, culture, gender, orientation and other ‘trigger word’ issues.
We try to create a safe container for participants to feel comfortable enough to communicate freely with differing political views, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations.
We are managing this discussion group under the following guidelines:
- Personal Politeness: Anyone is free to say what makes them feel personally uncomfortable. As a polite community of individuals, we adopt a policy of personal politeness and respect for individual feelings.
- Personal Responsibility: While a word or expression is offensive to one person that does not mean it is offensive to others of the same demographic. People can speak from their personal experience. However, it is important to make the distinction between taking personal offense and taking offense on behalf of a group. Nobody is a ‘spokesperson’ for their demographic.
Free Speech & Negative Intent
- Criticism. If a person criticizes some aspect of another’s demographic it can be deemed as prejudiced but is not necessarily so.
- Ignorance. If a person makes a comment that shows complete ignorance of another’s demographic it can be deemed as prejudiced but is not necessarily so.
- Humor. If a person makes a joke at the expense of another’s demographic it can be deemed as prejudiced but is not necessarily so.
An important key that defines prejudice is a negative intent. Of course, the intent is hard to prove. But as we get to know people we often can ascertain their intent when they make comments that are critical, joking or show ignorance of a demographic group.
We have heard often from people, the relief they feel when they know they can communicate freely to me without being attacked as prejudiced if they say a ‘trigger’ word.
The subtle distinctions between politeness, personal responsibility, and free speech allow a diverse group of participants to feel comfortable expressing themselves and sharing their views. Honest meaningful conversations can challenge our beliefs. In many cases, personal growth and development emerge from these free-flowing uncensored conversations.
8) The way it is: Let’s talk about the problem!
You can introduce the topic with one of our topic ideas from our Sex to Save the World Public Section or in the member's area. Or you can write your own discussion topic! However, the idea is that you are describing a problem with sex and some aspect of society that would be of interest to people.
Any entrepreneur ideas generated by this discussion group are royalty-free for other group participants to use should they decide to turn one into reality! You are of course welcome to give a ‘shout out’ to the group if you succeed!